Record Requests


Clearfield Police Department
55 South State Street
Clearfield, UT  84015

The records office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except major holidays). 

Records Requests

Copies of police reports can be obtained during normal business hours.   You will need to fill out a GRAMA request form since the records are classified as private, protected, or controlled in accordance with the Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA), they can only be released to individuals meeting certain criteria.  You will need to come in and fill out and sign the request form and bring ID with you.

If you live out of town or state, you can still obtain a police record if you meet the criteria.  Print out the request form, complete it and sign by having your signature notarized.  You can mail that form to the above address and we will mail the report out back to you, WE CANNOT FAX OR EMAIL POLICE REPORTS.  If there is a fee, you can pay that over the phone.   The first copy of each report is free and additional copies are $10 each.

Requests for videos and photographs will be reviewed and may be declined. The cost for videos and photographs are $25.

Insurance companies and attorneys seeking accident reports may send a written request, along with a check for $10, to the police department.   Please include all drivers' names, date of accident, and location to assure the request is returned in a timely fashion.

A copy of your Utah Criminal History Record can be requested for $15 with valid photo identification during business hours.

Additional Services available

The Records Division also assists Clearfield residents with signing up for a vacation watch.   Residents leaving for an extended absence can notify the police department and in turn the police department will periodically drive by and check your home for any suspicious activity. Interested residents will need to fill out a form and submit it to Records. This service is offered in an attempt to reduce the amount of crime in the city, however, the police department cannot guarantee that your home will not be burglarized or vandalized while you are gone.

Additionally, a "Letter of Good Conduct" can also be obtained through the Records Division. These letters are generally requested for potential employment, to obtain a foreign visa, or to conduct a mission through a particular church. To obtain a "Letter of Good Conduct," picture identification must be presented and a background check of incidents occurring in Clearfield City will be conducted. One notarized letter will then be presented. If any criminal arrests are found, a "Letter of Good Conduct" will not be issued.